I am not usually nervous about Cold and Flu season, the reason being as that as a rule we are really a healthy family. We are rarely sick, maybe the random child with a cold and slight fever once a year, but nothing unmanageable. This year though I must admit to being a little more apprehensive.
A neighboring community has an outbreak of Swine flu at the school, and it has made me step back and make sure I am taking better precautions. Including sanitizing and disinfecting the girls things. We interact with a lot of kids from neighboring communites when we are at the gym in the evenings for gymnastics and cheer. I have to be more careful to wash hands more, and have hand sanitizer in my purse for in between times. I was fortunate that the nice people at Lysol sent me disinfecting spray, and wipes to make my job much easier.
The Lysol brand has teamed up with Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center. She would like to share her back to school checklist with moms to help them prepare their children for a healthy and happy school year. Her tips include:
The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines.
– This Web site is an expansion from an existing health campaign with the CDC – Ounce of prevention.
Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom.
– Lysol Disinfectant Spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces, including the family couch! (Press release available upon request)
– For more information, check out the Lysol Back to School Information Center at send germs packing
GIVEAWAY: In order to help my readers’ homes and families stay healthy this school year, Lysol has generously offered two readers the chance to win a 12.5 oz Lysol Disinfectant Spray and two 40 ct. canisters of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes – one for home and one to send to the classroom! This giveaway open to United States residents only. It will close at 12:00 pm CST on September 10, 2009. If you enter Anonymously please leave your email address to get in touch with you.
1. mandatory entry: Visit Lysol.com and share with me a healthy fact you learned.
2. Become a follower of my blog or leave me a separate comment letting me know if you already are.
3. Place my button in the sidebar of your blog and leave me a separate comment letting me know
4. Twitter this post and leave me a copy of your tweet in a separate comment.
5. Stumble this post on Stumbleupon (link below)
6. Post about this giveaway on website or Facebook and leave me a link to the URL in a separate comment